Friday, October 17, 2008

It's a girl!!

Well our dr. apt on Tuesday went fabulous!!! Deric and I were both amazed all the things they were able to check... 4 chambers of the heart, measure the arm and leg bone, check blood flow, 2 eyes, 2 nostrils.. I mean the list keeps going!
I had the feeling it was a girl, but you never know... Once she started looking "down there" I just knew it was a girl. :)
So little little Sophi Jean is growing and is healthy!
Speaking of growing.. for about 2 weeks now I've been feeling Sophi move. It first started when I was taking a nap on a Sunday afternoon and woke up to this weird feeling. I changed positions and the "flutter" happened again! I guessed it was the baby, but wasn't sure.
So the next night at dinner, while eating Red Lobster :), it was the same "flutter"!
Well to take you to current time, Sophi moves pretty much all day long. Anytime I'm sitting or eating, she's active. She's really enjoyed the music at church and her favorite meal thus far is popcorn with a decaf pumkin spice latte from Starbucks. :)
Luckally I've been able to share the excitement with someone. Last Sunday, the 12th, Deric felt her move for the first time. Even though it's not exactly the same, I'm glad Deric can experience Sophi's movement! She is happy!
Tomorrow we are going to Babies r us to register. We found our bedding at Target, but are picking out other items at the giant baby megastore!!
I'll attach pics of Sophi's ultra sound soon. (Meaning.. when I get home)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

YAY!!!!! love her name. so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that neat when they have reactions to different foods? I've heard they like orange juice too! Such an exciting time!

A Full House said...

What a sweet name!

Evy said...

Hi Jessica,
I know you don't know me but I sort of know your husband through grade school and our old church. I came across your blog through a friend of the family's blog and just had to send you a message! I think we are almost exactly going to have our babies on the same day! I am having a little boy and he is due around the middle of March. It's so exciting isnt it?...especially when they kick!