Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The search for the crib bedding

So I am very picky, maybe too picky. When I like something it is hard for me to find a substitute. So ever since we found out we were having a girl, well probably before that, I've been trying to find crib bedding that I like. I found one style from Pottery Barn, but I knew it would be rude of me to ask people to buy such expensive stuff, so I found a similar set but at Target. 

Deric and I registered for the set and all the cute things that match. It was a joyous time!
Then came yesterday...
I was bored so I was looking at our registry. I noticed all the crib set, etc. was clearanced! I know Target does this often, but come on! The bedding set was normally 59.99 and was marked down to 14.98!!! So I panic and have Deric hit up the closest Target to us. No luck. I wait and wait for Deric to come home so we can eat and hit up 2 other Targets. 
Deric finally makes it home and we go to one Target who kindly gives us a list of Targets that say they have 1 left. Deric and I get to the car and call to make sure these Targets have the item. 
Luckally we found a Target that had the bedding, but as Deric informed me, Target does not clearance their items all the same nor all at the same time. So this only Target within reasonable driving distance had the bedding I loved, but was still at regular price!!! 
Through many tears (I know it sounds silly to cry, but a) I'm pregnant and b) Remember I said I was picky?) we go and get the bedding. 
My heart can rest at ease that the crib bedding I searched for was found and I own one of the last ones in Phoenix. 
Everything else I can just coordinate with the bedding... I slept good that night. :)

Let's just pray Target doesn't come out with cuter bedding then the one I got!!! 

1 comments:

The Porter Family said...

You should post a picture of your new bedding!! i wanna see it :)