Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Deric and I had such a blessed time with our family and each other this year. On Christmas Eve, Deric was busy at the church so I was lazy during the day. We enjoyed our evening by going to church then coming home and opening presents. I made beef stew and biscuits (which was so yummy since it was so cold outside). Deric and I both commented on how we enjoyed this Christmas just as much, even though we didn't spend a ton of money getting gifts for each other. I did, however, get a new Grinch for my collection and a great Disney Trivia game for our Wii. This game is very fun!!! 
Here is our traditional Christmas Eve picture under the tree. I didn't realize how big I am until we started taking pictures. I also didn't realize how badly I needed a tan too!!
On Christmas day Deric always wakes me up with singing a Christmas song by Five Iron Frenzy called, "You Gotta Get Up." It always makes me smile and I can't wait for Sophi to enjoy Deric's silly song! We then went over to my family's house. We are always so blessed with some many presents. We both felt very thankful. Deric enjoyed playing Guitar Hero Rock Band the entire day. He improved his skills in the drums and was very proud! 
Here are the pictures from there (minus Shelby):




My brother Justin and his girlfriend Michelle (she's officially one of us-she has a nickname-Mitsy Bitsy)

Our kitty Roxy. She's not doing well and will be seeing Jesus soon. :( 
This is her favorite place in the house to lay, right in the snow. :)
Deric and I then went to his family's house. We are exchanging gifts with the entire family next week since Deric's brother Joel, Susie and Maddy are visiting Susie's family, so we just ate a ton of food and played games. His family always makes a ton of jokes! His grandma was the highlight of the evening. Instead of using words while playing Catch Phrase, she'd act out the word. It was always a funny moment when it was her turn! 

The night ended with Deric and I watching Dr. Quinn in bed and thanking God for a wonderful Christmas. A few tears were shed of thankfulness. :)

1 comments:

The Porter Family said...

Oh Jessica. You and Dr.Quinn! you crack me up :) Looks like a GREAT christmas!!