Monday, February 9, 2009

Sophi Update

I can't believe it, this Thursday marks 4 weeks until Sophi's due date! Seriously, how quickly does time go??? 
We had an ultra sound on Thursday to check her position. She is head down and still 100% girl. Here are my thoughts on those 2 things:
1. I was secretly hoping she was breached. I have this low tolerence for pain thing, but I know God will give me the strength and I don't need to fear pushing her out! I just keep reciting this verse from Psalms, "When I am afraid, I will trust in You." I'll probably end up singing it during labor. :)
2. I also had the secret paranoia that the dr. was going to tell us Sophi wasn't a girl. I kept replaying the stress that would overtake me to hear those words. Can you imagine us having to repaint a room, return everything unopened, and store everything I already opened?? All in 4 weeks?? I'm SO GLAD we don't have to do that. 

Everyone keeps asking me if we are ready. All I can say is, "NO WAY!" Granted I am totally ready for her to come out, mostly because I'm tired of being uncomfortable, oh and that we want to meet her :). But we still have so much to finish. Her room is not close to being done. We have pretty much everything we need except for her furniture. I just lay in bed thinking of her room and all the things that need to be done.  Deric and I just pray she doesn't come early! My bag for the hospital is not even packed yet!! We both know everything will come together, it's just hard to do it by yourself. I really want Deric here!! But he has to bring home the bacon, so I have to compromise somewhere. 

Here are some picks from one of two of my showers. This shower my friends from college, Cassy, Noelle, and Christine threw. It was so lovely. Plus, they had my favorite cake--white Costco cake w/ strawberry filling and real frosting!! 
Left to right: Katie, Cassy, Me, Christine, and Noelle

My mom and I
Some gifts from the girls. Cassy made the diaper cake!! 

1 comments:

Russell Fam. said...

Joel and I are so happy for you guys! :)