Monday, April 20, 2009

I made it!!

Sophi holding her bunnies
Sophi is 5 weeks!
Sophi as a burrito!


Here is the scoop on Sophi's first night in her crib:
She ate at 8, then went to sleep at 9. I hate sleeping for a short time (1-2hrs.) so I usually stay awake until she eats at 11. However, last night she slept until 2:45!! That was great for her, but I was totally messed up. I finally went to sleep on the couch at midnight, woke up at 1 checked on Sophi, then tried to sleep in our bedroom. It was just too quiet. I confess, after having a mini-meltdown of being away from her, I went like a mouse into her room and laid on the floor next to her crib just to hear her. As I was lying on her floor, the wonderful book Love you Forever by Robert Munsch came into my mind. I didn't pick Sophi up like the mom in the book, but I whispered to Sophi those ever popular words, "I like you for always. I'll love you forever. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
As you can imagine, the floor was so hard, so I went back to the couch (who knows what time it was?) until she awoke at 2:45.
At 3, after her feeding I was able to sleep in our bedroom till 6 without checking on her. I assume there will be many more nights of me sleeping on her floor.
So in all, I made it, I survived. It was not fun, but a part of me enjoyed sneaking into her room and being close to her while she was unaware. Just me, her, and the Lord watching over us. I'm so in love. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! She did awesome! and so did you! You are both way ahead of the game and I bet she's going to be sleeping through the night in no time. :)

Ashley said...

oh I cried when reading about how you laid on her floor... I can totally identify :)

The Porter Family said...

Yay!!! Go jessica!!! That's a perfect story for your first night apart...Love it :)