Thursday, January 8, 2009

Contraction joys

The past week I've been getting those fun Braxton-Hicks contractions. For the most part they come for a bit when I do too much. Well this week, they decided to make an appearance everyday being even more painful and frequent. 

In the midst of having these contractions, my insurance company called me asking about a current diagnosis listed on my chart. They told me I had "malformation of my uterus." Obviously I had no idea what they were talking about. I've been seeing the Dr. regularly since July, you'd think they would tell me if something was not right. The insurance company told me they would remove it from their records and I went on with the rest of my day. After the Middle School left our house at 8:30 I checked my voicemail. It was from my Dr. saying I needed to call them in regards to the information on my chart. So now I am worried!!!

THEN... I started having contractions that were very painful and I started counting them just like the nurse told me to do. I had 4 in an hour and was worried. Sophi was moving fine, but I know I was double worried because I had this "malformation" thing on my chart. Even though the nurse said if I had 6 or more contractions, I needed to come in, I just wasn't at peace especially. I wanted to be safe, not sorry. 

To ease Deric and my mind, we decided just to go to OB Triage and make sure everything was fine. The nurses there were so nice! They gave me a ton of information and were patient with me. The moment they plugged Sophi in to hear her heartbeat, I felt at peace. Her heartrate was normal for 45 mind and my contractions had stopped. (Of course, when I get to the hospital). They didn't check to see if I was dilated, b/c they didn't want to start anything.  The best words the nurse gave us was, "Your baby's heart beat is beautiful! She is very healthy! We have no concerns!" 

Luckally I go to the Dr. today. I have a list of 8 questions I will be asking. I'm glad to know Sophi is okay. I'm thankful the hospital was kind and understood I wanted to be safe, than sorry.
Oh, and for my "malformation"... I talked to the nurse today and she told me they have no idea how my insurance company got that information. (Typical for insurance companies) 
I don't have a malformation, I'm perfectly fine. :) 

I guess this is only the beginning of contraction joys. They will come and go, when it gets closer, then Sophi will show!!! 

2 comments:

The Porter Family said...

How scary! That's crazy Jessica. I'm sooooo glad that all is well though :) We will continue to pray though!

A Full House said...

Wow! I'm glad all is well. Yes, this is just a sign that Sophi is on her way. She will be here before you know it!