Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reflection

So this week I got this nanny job for a family of three back in December. Their kids: Taylor-4, Sophia-2 (it's so weird using her name!), and their foster baby born on Christmas Day. At the time I took the job, I thought, "NO PROBLEM! I can watch 2 kids, a newborn, and be 8 months pregnant!" I was very confident... too confident. 

Anyways, after the first day 8:30-2:30 (only because I had a dr. apt), I thought again.. "NO PROBLEM!" After yesterday working 8:30-4:30, I thought I was going to die!! Luckally I had no contractions, but was SOO sore! My back, feet, and legs hurt. My hands are so swollen that I can't even wear my wedding ring. I was dreading working again today. But I knew I had to since I stopped working altogether, we really needed the money.
I was standing in the mirror this morning really thanking God for having me be able to stay-at-home during this time and after Sophi is born. (Even though we are unsure about our bills) There are women I know that worked full-time until they had their babies. I don't know how they did it!! Furthermore, one lady I worked with, even had 2 other kids at home! 
I have more compassion for these working moms than ever. SHOUT OUT to all the working prego moms!!! :)

0 comments: