Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!





I had a great first Mother's Day! Our weekend started with our very first garage sale. Our HOA only allows community sales, so last Saturday was one of the two days you could have your garage sale. Deric and I seemed to find some things to sell and walked away with $50. Not too bad for our first garage sale! That afternoon Deric took Sophi to do some "errands" and I enjoyed a nap. It was so weird taking a nap without Sophi waking me up!
Mother's Day was very busy. We went to church, Deric's aunt's home, and my parent's home. I made a Wish List of everything I wanted to do/not do on Mother's Day.
Here was my list:
-coffee and breakfast at Starbucks
-no diaper changing
-lots of pictures
-take a nap
-no laundry, dishes, or cooking

Well I didn't get a nap and I changed only 2 diapers. But we sure got a lot of pictures and I didn't have to cook or clean a thing!! Deric even played only the music I like on his I-POD. :)
Sophi spoiled me with flowers and some other things. She even signed her name in a card and wrote "I love you mommy"! (Can you believe my 2 month old can write?) It was a fun Mother's Day and I'm so blessed with such an amazing daughter! (Thanks to Deric too for making it so special!)

*Quick job update: I went to check out the school yesterday and met the teacher and administration. I'm still not sure what to do, but have a couple more days to decide! Thanks for all your prayers!*

0 comments: