Thursday, June 4, 2009

Getting old



Sometimes I wish I could stop time. I don't mind growing up, I just want others around me to stop growing. It's weird to think that my baby sister is out of high school. It's weird to think my baby brother Josh is going into high school. It's even harder for me to see that Sophi IS getting bigger.
It started Monday night when I was looking at her newborn picture on her wall. She was SO tiny with red skin, TONS of hair, and very very skinny fingers and toes. That led me to look at other newborn pictures of her. I started thinking, "I don't even remember what she first looked like!" (Which is sort of not true.. I tend to look at pictures of her ALL the time!) I was in awe of how fast she has changed.
ANYWAYS...
In Sophi's room we have an extra dresser in her closet. Before she was born I filled a drawer with clothes 3-6month. Other drawers are also filled with clothes that are bigger. Well I've been noticing that her socks were beginning to look to tight, so I decided to pull some bigger ones out. That led me to look at the outfits in the 3-6month drawer. I realized that she could wear those!! It led me to tears as I dressed Sophi in an outfit marked 3months. I cried my way through all her newborn outfits and realized, maybe they are too small. I saved a couple of my favorite ones to try to squeeze her in one last time.
I finally was okay with the cute outfit she was wearing when she decided to roll over back to belly!! That led to more tears..from both of us!! (Sophi HATES being on her belly!)
The rest of the day was filled with laughter and smiles as I enjoyed Sophi talking and playing with me. Until.....
Until I tried to put on her pjs for bed!! These pjs are my FAVORITE! They are yellow with giraffes on them. These pjs were the very first pjs we put her in when she came home from the hospital. These pjs are now WAY TOO SMALL!! As you can guess the tears came a rolling. Deric jokingly told Sophi to stop growing because she's making Mommy cry. Secretly I wished it was true. I wish I could not just stop time, but rewind time. Even though those first few weeks of being a new mom are difficult, I miss them. Sophi has grown so fast, it makes me want to see her small all over again. (I know what you are thinking, "Jess, she's only 3 months old!! She's still small!") But before I know it, she'll be crawling, walking, driving, getting married and having babies!!
Well I guess I should start taking pictures today! I can't forget what she looked like at 12 weeks!! :)

I've attached a picture of Sophi in her giraffe pjs. She was 3 days old. :) The next picture is what she looks like now at 12 weeks.

0 comments: