Friday, June 12, 2009

Vacation

Today I got super excited to go on vacation!! We're going to Nebraska for almost 2 weeks to visit my family. ALL of my relatives live in the small farm town of Hastings, Ne. We will get to be there during July 4th, which Deric is excited for! YEAH for buying fireworks!
Sophi will get to go on her first plane ride, which makes me a bit nervous. But I'm sure she'll do great!
While we are in Nebraska we will be able to see our best friends Jan and Neil who moved to Omaha last October. We also are going to get our family pictures down by my lifetime friend Allison. She is an AWESOME photographer! She also will be taking a few solo shots of Sophi. I'm still trying to figure out our wardrobes, mostly for me, but I still have a couple weeks to check out the stores for a cute top.
We also get to take a HUGE family picture with all the cousins, etc. My great-grandma is still alive, so we get to take a 5 generation picture. I think that is SO neat that Sophi has a great-great grandma. :)
My Grandma Kennedy is also celebrating her 70th Birthday, so we get to have a big party honoring her. It will be very busy, but I'm really excited to show Deric where I lived and for him to see my grandparent's farm.
Deric has to return to Arizona early to squeeze in some work before Jr. High camp, so that means Sophi and I will be away from him for 9 days!! That is the longest we've ever been apart. Thankfully, my parents/siblings will be in Neb. too AND we have the same flight home. There will be plenty of people to love on Sophi.
I know it will be a great vacation. I'm a little nervous about the humidity and those dreaded mosquitoes. It will be great to see family and friends. I can't wait!!

YEAH FOR VACATION!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds exciting! Yay for vacations!