Saturday, March 20, 2010

12 month update

Sophi's party was a big success! We had 30+ people in our house. It was fun and Sophi loved it! We are glad our family and friends could join us!

Here are some of Sophi's updates:

Weight= 18lb 12 oz *She did lose weight. Which I was shocked! But the dr. wasn't concerned. The dr. thinks it a mix between genetics and weaning (not getting as much from me anymore). I just need to give her a morning snack in addition to her afternoon snack. *
Height= 28.5 in

I'm in the slow process of weaning her. Over the past couple weeks she has started liking the sippy cup more and more. I'm currently nursing twice a day (7am and 7pm). My goal is to be done nursing by the end of May. (The first week in June is when I'm taking a girl's vacation, so she'll have to be done!) The morning feeding will be my most challenging! On a more mommy note- I will miss nursing her. It's crazy to think I've been doing this for a year and for it to not be in my daily routine will be strange. I will have to really watch my weight- I need to start working out more so I can burn those calories I would have burned with nursing. (Although I am currently happy with my weight. I've lost 50lbs, but only gained 30lbs when I was pregnant. I just need to tone.)

Sophi eats and eats. She loves pinapple, bread, and any veggie. She is started to be picky at foods- will eat it one day, not the the next. I'm glad she still likes the majority of foods. I'm always trying to be creative with her foods. She makes me a healthier eater!

Sophi still takes 2 naps. There have been a few days when I think she's going down to 1 nap, but the next day she definitely needs 2. I'm in no rush to make her drop the morning nap.
She continues to sleep great at night 7pm-7am. :)

Sophi's new word is "ball." Anything round like a balloon, circle, etc is called a "ball." It's fun to see her pic out a ball in a book!

She continues to be a book worm. Sophi loves looking at all her books. To keep her happy while changing her diaper, a book is required!

Sophi is starting to stand w/o holding on to anything. She also has taking joy in pushing her new baby stroller around the room. It's fun to watch her try to walk!

Sophi can sign "more" in sign language. She often says "ba" with the sign. The sign can mean "I want", "milk", and "more." It's super cute!!! It's really helped her not yell to get something.

Sophi continues to make us laugh, loves to laugh, and keeps us amazed. I'm ready for baby #2!!! (Don't freak out! We are not trying! Mommy has to wait for another year.)

0 comments: