Monday, March 30, 2009

My baby is growing so fast!!


Sophi in her bouncer.

After Sophi eats, she looks so content. :)

Sophi's 2 week picture
Sophi's favorite position. Only Daddy knows best.


It's totally crazy how it seemed like FOREVER until Sophi arrived and now the time is flying! Sophi is changing everyday and her personality is quite amusing. Her grunting and squealing is very entertaining...even at 2am. (As I'm writing this she is sleeping in her bouncer grunting and squealing.) She gets very excited to eat (who doesn't?) and LOVES LOVES LOVES to be bounced by Daddy. I've tried to bounce her the way Deric does, but she doesn't like my way.
Today Deric went back to work. :( I'm glad it's only for 2 weeks, then he gets to be at home again. I was so worried about being at home alone. Sophi usually sleeps all morning, but then her afternoons are crazy. We've been having to take her daily on a car ride anywhere between 2pm-5pm. For some reason today she's been eating every 4hours and sleeping in-between. She had some brief awake moments and was very wide-eyed and happy. As I write this, its almost 3 o'clock, so granted all could change. But so far, I've made it alone!!
Sophi truly is the cutest thing ever! I could never picture the way she was going to look and now I can't imagine her anyother way!
Here are some things as a mom no one can be prepared for:
1. Breastfeeding is SO PAINFUL. Seriously!! I know this is the best nutrition for your baby, but does it have to hurt?? I know it's going to get better (that's what "people" say), but you just push out a baby and now you have to painfully feed your baby. CRAZY!! Most of the time I do not like it!
2. The paranoia of "Is she okay?" comes immediately after you give birth. Everything from sleeping to nasal conjestion. I can see where prayer is going to be a big part here.
3. Finally at almost 3 weeks, I'm finally starting to feel like my "old self" The healing of giving birth is no fun. You are tired, sore, and now the doctor wants you to squirt yourself clean?? I'm thankful that pain phase is coming to an end.
4. Does anyone know what day it is? I don't even know what day of the week it is or whether it's still March. All the days are a blur.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't trade all the things I've had to go through in exchange for Sophi. She's worth all the pain, even the zombie days.

0 comments: