Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quick Sophi update

Here's the scoop on Sophi's arrival... NOTHING!! I'm still a "closed shop" as I like to say. My dr. bumped my next apt. up to Monday. He's quite bummed nothing is happening. (You are telling me!!)
This morning at 3 am while I was just laying in bed, uncomfortable, hot, and being entertained by Sophi moving all around, I was thinking how hard it is to wait. How many times in life do we want to control everything around us? I know I am guilty time and time again. I wish I knew on this date, this time, but I don't.
These two weeks I know the Lord is really going to grow me to just wait and NOT go crazy. In our woman's bible study at church, we are going through Esther. Each lesson has us fill in, "It's tough being a woman...."
This past week's lesson was, "It's tough being a woman balancing passion with patience." One thing Beth Moore said that I really was trying to focus on last night was based on the verse in Isaiah, "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength." Beth said that our strength is depleted everytime we worry on that "thing" in life. When we truly wait on the Lord we have strength and aren't tackled by worry,etc.
Labor is going to require mental and physical strength. I know if I drive myself crazy thinking and thinking of all my fears and worries, I am depleting my strength that the Lord will give me. I'm not saying this is easy. My mind still wonders and "freaks out." But hopefully this verse will remain in the back of my mind so when I do start to panic, the Spirit will quickly calm me. (Granted I'll probably freak out more times than not, but at least I'm trying!!)
It's tough being a woman.

0 comments: